Owaise radi allahu anhu of Qarni.
About Sohail Yemeni, the prophet salla allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam says that he is superior to his followers due to his kindness and favor. When there is praise by the prophet salla allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam then what else can I describe about him. Sometimes the prophet salla allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam used to turn his face towards Yemen and said, “I feel the breeze of love from Read the rest of this entry »
ALLAH – Beginning with the name of – The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Sayyiduna Abu Bakr Siddique (radi Allahu anhu) said, “The reading of the Durood Shareef obliterates sins as water obliterates fire. To read the Salaam for the Pleasure of Almighty Allah is more lofty than freeing a slave. To love Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) is superior than waging Jihad or facing Shahadah in Jihad”. (Al Qolul Badi)
2. Sayyidah Ayesha Siddiqa (radi Allahu anha) has said, “The beauty of any gathering is to read the Durood Shareef. Therefore, beautify your gatherings. Durood Shareef is also a path to Jannah”. (Sadaatud Daarain)
3. Sayyiduna Abdullah ibn Ma’sood (radi Allahu anhu) is once reported to have advised Sayyiduna Zaid bin Wahab (radi Allah anhu) that, “When the Day of Jummah arrives do not refrain from reading a thousand Durood Shareefs”. (Sadaatud Daarain)
4. Sayyiduna Huzaifah (radi Allahu anhu) said, “The reading of Durood Shareef bestows upon the reciter, his children and their children the spirit of Faith (Imaan)”. (Sadaatud Daarain)
5. Sayyiduna Umar bin Abdul Aziz (alaihir rahmah) is reported to have commanded the Muslims to impart Islamic Knowledge and increase the reading of the Durood Shareef on the day of Jummah. (Al Qolul Badi)
6. Sayyiduna Imam Jafer Saadiq (alaihir rahmah) has stated, “On Thursday at the time of Asar, Almighty Allah orders the Malaa’ikah of the Heavens to descend. They possess pens of GOLD and pages of silver. They remain on the earth till the sunset of Friday and record the names of all those who have read the Durood Shareef”. (Al Qolul Badi)
7. Sayyiduna Imam Shaafi’e (alaihir rahmah) has stated, “I consider the reading of the Durood Shareef in abundance at all times as an exalted action”. (Sadaatud Daarain)
8. Sayyiduna ibn Numaan (alaihir rahmah), the son of Imam ‘Azam (alaihir rahmah), has stated that, “It is the unanimous verdict of the Learned Ulema that the reading of the Durood Shareef is the most supreme deed among all deeds”. (Sadaatud Daarain) Read the rest of this entry »
و كونه رافعاً رأسه عندما وضعته شاخصاً ببصره إلى السماء ، و ما رأته من النور الذي خرج معه ولادته ، و ما رأته إذ ذاك أم عثمان بن أبي العاص من تدلي النجوم ، و ظهور النور عند ولادته ، حتى ما تنظر إلا النور
As our beloved Prophet, praise and peace be upon him, was born a radiant light accompanied him and he lifted his head towards the heavens and the mother of Othman’s Abil-As’s son witnessed stars lowering themselves and a light so bright appeared that she could see nothing other than light.
Dalail an-Nabuwwah lil Bayhaqi, Vol. 1, Page 113
Musnad Imam Ahmad, Vol. 4, Page 127
Abu Nu’aym reports from Abdullah bin Abbas Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhuma, who narrated that the mother of the Messenger SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam, Sayyidah Amina Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anha used to state,
لما خرج من بطني فنظرت اليه فاذا انابه ساجد ثم رايت سحابة بيضاء قد اقبلت من السماء حتى غشيته فغيب عن وجھي ، ثم تجلت فاذا انابه مدرج في ثوب صوف ابيض وتحته حريرة خضراء وقد قبض على ثلٰثة مفاتيح من اللؤلوء الرطب واذا قائل يقول قبض محمد على مفاتيح النصرة ومفاتيح الربح ومفاتيح النبوة ثم اقبلت سحابة اخرٰى حتى غشيته فغيب عن عيني ثم تجلت فاذا انابه قد قبض على حريرة خضراء مطوية واذ قائل يقول بخٍ بخٍ قبض محمد على الدنيا کلھا لم يبق خلق من اھلھا الادخل في قبضته
“When the Messenger of Allah SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam was born, he fell straight into prostration. Then I saw a white cloud from the sky appearing and covering the Messenger of Allah SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam such that HE SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam disappeared from me. When the cloud appeared, I saw that the Prophet SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam was covered in a white woolly shawl and there was a green mat spread on the floor. Within the hands of the Messenger SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam there were three keys made of diamonds and there was an unseen voice heard saying, ‘The Messenger of Allah SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam has grasped the key of giving victory, the key of giving benefit and the key of Prophethood.’ Then I saw another cloud which enclosed the Messenger of Allah SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam such that he disappeared from my view and it became illuminated. I saw that the Messenger of Allah SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam is holding a folded piece of green silk in his blessed hands and an unseen voice was heard was saying, ‘How great! How great! The Messenger of Allah SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam has grasped the whole world; all the creation has entered into his grasp, with none left out.’”
Musnad Ahmad bin Hanbal, narrated from ibn Mas’ud RadiAllahu Anhu, [Al-Maktab al-Islami, Beirut], Vol. 1, Page 386
Sunan al-Darimi, the chapter on Ma U’tiya al-Nabiyyu Min al-Fadl, [Dar al-Mahasin li al-Taba’ah, Cairo], Vol. 1, Page 30
Al-Khasais al-Kubra, the chapter on Ma Zahara Fi Lailat Moulidi, [Markaz Ahl Sunnat, Gujarat], Vol. 1, Page 48
Ash Shifa, the mother of Abdur Rahman Ibn Awf Radi Allahu Anhuma attended his birth and tells us, Read the rest of this entry »
LABBAYK ALLAHUMMA LABBAYK
ALLAH (Jalla Shanahu) commands us to go for Hajj if we have the means, and when we are ready to go for Hajj, we say Labbayk (meaning: Here I am, ready to obey Your Command, O Allah). Allah (Jalla Shanahu) also commands us in the Holy Qur’an to invoke blessings and salutations on the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu ta ala alayhi wa sallam) and what a pleasant surprise it is to find a salaat in Part 1 of Dalaail u’l Khayraat with the relevant verse (33:56) and the response of Labbayk as follows:
Innallaaha wa malaaikatahu yusalluuna ‘alan-nabi O Yaa ayyuhallaziina aamanu sallu ‘alaihi wa sallimu tasliima O
Verily, Allah and his angles bless the Prophet! O you, who believe, ask (Allah) to bless him and grant him abundant peace!
Labbaika Allahumma rabbi wasaadayka salawaatullahil-barrirrahiimi wal-malaaikatil-mukarrabiina wannabiyyena was-siddiqiina wash-shuhadaa‘i was-saalihiina wama sabbaha laka min shay-in-yaa rabbal ‘alamiina ‘alaa sayyidina Muhammad-in Abdillaahi khaatamin-nabiyyiina wasayyidina mursaliina Wa ima mil-muttaqiina warasuuli rabbil-‘alamiina shahidil-bashiirid-daa’ii ilaika bi-iznikas-sirajil-muniri wa ‘alaihis-salam. O
Allahummaj‘al salawatika wabarakatika warahmataka ‘alaa saiyidil-mursaliina wa imamil-muttaqiina wa khatamin-nabiyyina sayyidinaa Muhammad-in ‘abdika warasulika imamil-khairi waqaa‘idil-khairi warasulir-rahmah O
I am here, Ya Allah, at Your service and at Your Command, my Lord! The blessing of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta’ala), the good, the Merciful, and of his closest angles, and of the Prophets and of the sincere ones, and of the martyrs and of the good ones and of whatever else exists which glorifies You (Ya Allah), O Lord of the worlds, are for our master Muhammad (Sollallahu ‘Alaihi Wasallam), son of Abdullah (Radhi allah ta’ala anhu), the seal of the Prophets and the master of Messenger The Leader of the Pious and the Messenger of the Lord of the world, the witness the Bringer of Good Tidings, the caller to You (Ya Alalh) by Your leave, the Lamp, the Illumined one, on him may there be peace!
Ya Allah grant Your blessings and Favours and Your Mercy to the master of the Messengers and the Leader of the pious and Seal of the Prophets, our master Muhammad (Sollallahu ‘Alaihi Wasallam), Your slave and Your Messenger, the Pioneer of Goodness and Guide to the Goodness, the Messenger of Mercy!
AlaHadrat Imam Ahmad Rida radi allahu anhu’s entire life was adorned with meticulous following of the Shari’ah and Sunnah of the Prophet SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam and his taqwa had reached an elevated level. I shall present some incidents from his life that show that he not only had taqwa but had also attained the rank of wara’a [Abandoning a part of the permissible for fear of falling into the impermissible]. In accordance to the verse, No men can be its guardians except the pious, he was a perfect muttaqi [Pious and Godfearing] and a gnostic.
1. The last Ramadan in his life was in 1339 AH. The weather in Bareilly was very hot and he was weak and ill, as these were his final years. The Shari’ah exempts an old man [Al-Shaykh al-Fanī: an old man who cannot fast now, and cannot hope to expiate in the future either] from fasting and expiate by charity instead and for the ailing, they are allowed to expiate when they are healthy again [To fulfil an obligation at a later time]. Despite these dispensations, AlaHadrat’s taqwa demanded otherwise. This was not his fatwa but his taqwa. He said:
The hot weather in Bareilly will not allow me to fast but the weather in mountainous regions is cooler. Nainital is not far from here and I can fast in the mountains of Bhowali [83 miles north of Bareilly]. And I am able to go there; hence, it is obligatory for me to do so.
He spent the whole of Ramadan there and fasted the whole of Ramadan.
2. He passed away on the 25th Safar 1340 AH. He was ill for months and in the last months, he could not even walk. The Shari’ah permits that in such conditions, one can pray at home but AlaHadrat would pray in the congregation. Four men would carry him on a chair to the masjid and he continued to participate thus as long as he was physically able to do so. Read the rest of this entry »
Abul Qaasim Sa’adi (Radi Allahu anhu) mentions in Kitaab ur Ruh, ‘it is proven according to proper narrations that certain fortunate ones will not be questioned in the grave and Munkar and Nakeer will not come to them. This is either due to the personal excellence of that personality, or due to the difficulty he faced at the time of death, or because of the Blessed Era.’
1. A person asked Rasoolullah (Sallallahu ta ala alayhi wa sallam) , ‘Why is it that with the exception of a Shaheed, every Momin (believer) will be put through a test in his grave?’ He (Sallallahu ta ala alayhi wa sallam) said, ‘The flash of the sword is for him, instead of the torment of the grave.’
2. Hazrat Abu Ayub (Radi Allahu anhu) reported that Rasoolullah (Sallallahu ta ala alayhi wa sallam) said, ‘One who fought against the enemy with patience until such time that he is victorious or martyred, (he) will not face the torment of the grave.’
3. Hazrat Salman Farsi (Radi Allahu anhu) reported that Rasoolullah (Sallallahu ta ala alayhi wa sallam) would say, ‘One who remained set at the boundary (of the enemy lines) for a day and night, for the sake of Jihad (then this action of his) is more valuable than one month’s Namaaz and fasting. If he dies in this way, then his deeds will be continued and his sustenance as well and he will be spared from the Munkar (and Nakeer).’
4. Hazrat Fudhala ibn Ubaid (Radi Allahu anhu) reported that Rasoolullah (Sallallahu ta ala alayhi wa sallam) said, ‘The deeds of every person comes to an end, except for those of a person who is in preparation for Jihad in the way of Allah. This action of his will continue growing until Qiyaamat and he will be protected from the difficulty of the grave. Imam Abu Dawud added, ‘He will be spared from Munkar and Nakeer as well’.’ It is in the narration of Ibn Majah from Abu Hurairah (Radi Allahu anhu), ‘he will also be protected from the anxiety on the day of Qiyaamat.’ Ahmed, Tabrani, Baz’zaz and Ibn Asaakir etc. have reported the same thing with their own chains of transmission. Read the rest of this entry »