“Tayyammum” or “Dry Ablution” can be done in place of Wudu or Ghusal.
Conditions for Tayyammum
Tayyammum can only be made under the following conditions:
1. If there is no water after making a search for water within a two and a half kilometre (2.5 km) area.
2. If a person is very sick and fears that the use of water will cause more illness or harm to the person.
3. If a person is becoming late for Janazah Salaah or Eid Salaah.
4. If a person fears being attacked by snakes or animals if he or she goes for water.
5. When water is very scarce and only sufficient for drinking purposes.