1. To say the Takbeer, “Allahu Akbar”, when going into Ruku.
2. To read the Tasbeeh of Ruku 3 times.
3. To hold (clutch) the knees firmly. The males should have their fingers spaced out while clutching their knees, while the females should have their fingers closed.
4. The legs should be straight and not bent at the knees.
5. The back should be in line with the neck. This means that it must be straight so that if a glass of water is placed on the back of a person, the water will not spill over.
6. To read the Tasmiyah when waking up from Ruku and to read the Tahmeed while in Qiyaam.