1. Zakaah is Fard upon all Muslim adults, who are free from debts and who have possessed wealth for full 12 months. This wealth must be equal to the Nisaab as described in the post Zakaah is obligatory upon a person if
2. The rate of Zakaah is 2.5 percent on wealth (money, gold or silver).
3. It is Fard to make the Niyyah when giving Zakaah.
4. Zakaah is actually a “religious tax” that is paid by the rich people to the poor.
5. By us paying Zakaah, we are actually cleaning our money.
6. Zakaah also teaches us to be honest in our earnings and business dealings.
7. Zakaah must not be seen as a burden or punishment, but as a form of Ibaadah.
8. Muslims can also help the poor through giving Sadaqa.
9. By giving Zakaah and Sadqa, wealth is being divided among all the Muslims.
10. Zakaah became Fard during 2 A.H.