You should lie down with both the knees straightened and both hands on the chest. Then the following should be read:
- Ayatul Qursi – Allahu laa ilaaha illa hu huwal … – once.
- The four Quls – once. Sura Ikhlas must be read 3 times.
You should then blow upon the palms and pass them on the entire length and breadth of your body. You may also do this for the infants who are not able to read. It is also recommended that you learn the Suras Waaqia, Yaseen and Mulk. You should read these Suras before sleeping. As long as you do not know them by heart, you may recite them by looking at the Holy Quran. Thereafter, you should you should lie on the right side without talking. If you have to talk, then you may do so, but you should recite Sura Kaafirun before going to sleep. If this procedure is followed then, Insha-Allah, you will be protected from all evil and forces.
The benefit of reciting the following Suras before going to sleep:
- Sura Mulk – Protection from the Azaab (Torment) of the grave.
- Sura Yaseen – To be recited for Maghfirat (pardon).
- Sura Waaqia – Protection from hunger.
- Sura Dukhaan – The reciter will awake in the morning in such a condition that 70 000 Angels will be making Istighfar for him.