Allah – In The Name Of The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.
This book is written for all of those:
- Who sincerely want to understand the differences between the scholars of the Ahle Sunnah School and the scholars of the Deobandi School and who wish to remove the real obstacles towards unification.
- Who in their private meetings, address these serious and principled differences as (1) a deceit of the Maulvis, (2) a means of making money, (3) a way of making a living etc., – and who receive applause from the people, for expressing such thoughts.
- Who, despite being highly educated, consider making attempts at understanding and removing such differences as a waste of time.
- Who consider the differences between the Ahle Sunnah scholars and the Deobandi scholars, as merely trivial or secondary.
- Who spend their scholarly and research capabilities in clarifying and interpreting the insolent writings of the Deobandis. (Perhaps religion will remain incomplete without such explanations!)
- Who consider researching the differences between the Ahle Sunnah and Deobandi scholars just a waste of time, whereas at the same time they are the most zealous advocators of unification!
- Who consider that Teejah (meals for the poor on the third day of passing away of a Muslim), Daswaan (meals for the poor on the tenth day of passing away of a Muslim), Chaleeswan (meals for the poor on the fortieth day of passing away of a Muslim), and visits to mausoleums are the actual differences between the Ahle Sunnah scholars and Deobandi scholars.
- Who consider the publication and sale of literature based on blasphemous and insolent writings, as the most important service to Islam!
- Who feel uneasy at the mention of religious differences, but who spend all their physical and monetary resources in tolerating and solving with elegance all their official problems and business affairs.
- Who advise that as per the circumstances, disputed writings & problems should not be discussed – but do not render this advice to the institutions that are ceaselessly publishing such literature.
- Who term the issues of (a) Respecting our Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), (b) The status of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), (c) The attributes of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), (d) Veneration of the Companions and of the members of the family of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), (e) Sainthood and (f) other Islamic issues, as “Sectarianism” perpetrated by the Ahle Sunnah school of thought – and in this way such persons intentionally or unintentionally support infidelity and heresy.
- Who understand the real causes of the differences and have the true spirit of presenting a program on the national (or international) level, through which the wide gulf of differences can be bridged and an initiative can be taken towards unification.
If you have a soft corner in your heart for the scholars of Deobandi school, the obvious effect of reading this booklet will be that you will close it and put is aside with frustration. However, if you are a great thinker and have the spirit for searching facts by going deep into events, you will definitely attempt to find out why the foundations of this dispute were laid – and what are the causes owing to which the dispute still continues all over the world, after so many years.
If the dispute was limited to a few people, it could be ignored by considering that personal or family interests may be involved – but the range of this dispute is so wide that not only the whole country (Indian Sub Continent) but a very large region abroad has been dragged into it. From mosques to religious schools (madressahs), all aspects of our religious life have been so deeply affected by it that from villages to cities, the entire country has been divided by it. Therefore the real reasons that actually started the dispute cannot be overlooked by just terming it just as an individual strife between Bareilly and Deoband.
Regretfully until now historians have not attempted make an impartial research into the real basis of our dispute with the scholars of the Deobandi school – a dispute which is going on among millions of Muslims at home and abroad since the last several decades. Due to it, the entire Muslim society has fallen prey to spiritual agony and confusion. Can there be a greater mockery of our innocence that our protest is termed as “Spread of Dissension”, whereas it the right of every innocent individual to disclose his anger and sorrow?
After these introductory words, we now present the details of this religious dispute before our readers trusting that they will ascertain the real causes in light of what is written here below. Even if reading this booklet is a burden on you, I would still request you to read the details, because a seeker of the truth does not have a bias towards any group.
A Call for Justice
by Hazrat ‘Allama Maulana Arshadul Qadri
Original work entitled “Daawate Insaaf” (Urdu).
Translated into English by Mohammed Aqib Qadri
- The Tableeghi Jamaat in the light of facts and truth (madinasharif.wordpress.com)
- Respect Of The Things Associated With The Holy Prophet Sallalaho Alaihi Wasallam (madinasharif.wordpress.com)
- Surah Al-Tauba – The Hypocrites who turned disbelievers after becoming Muslims” (madinasharif.wordpress.com)