[Surah al Baqarah 2:144] We observe you turning your face, several times towards heaven (O dear Prophet Mohammed – peace and blessings be upon him); so We will definitely make you turn (for prayer) towards a qiblah which pleases you; therefore now turn your face towards the Sacred Mosque (in Makkah); and O Muslims, wherever you may be, turn your faces (for prayer) towards it only; and those who have received the Book surely know that this is the truth from their Lord; and Allah is not unaware of their deeds. (Allah seeks to please the Holy Prophet – peace and blessings be upon him.) – Kanzul Iman English
Tafsir Noor-ul-Irfan english
1. It was the desire of the Holy Prophet Salla Allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam that the Holy Ka’bah becomes the new Qibla of the Muslims. Once, while in Salaah the Holy Prophet Salla Allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam looked skywards instead of towards the earth eagerly awaiting the revelation for the changing of the Qibla. At this stage he was given the glimpse of the forthcoming change. This verse suggests that the change of Qibla was the expressed wish of the Holy Prophet Salla Allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam If Allah Almighty can make the Holy Ka’bah as Qibla to fulfil the Holy Prophet’s Salla Allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam desire it is certain that Allah Almighty will not reject the forgiveness of sinners like us as desired by the Holy Prophet Salla Allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam.
2. In this verse Allah Almighty is joyously telling the Holy Prophet Salla Allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam that he had approved the Holy Prophet’s Salla Allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam loving gaze skywards in Salaah. From this we learn that the Holy Prophet’s Salla Allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam gaze skyward while in Salaah in anticipation of revelation was not a Makrooh act for him, but we certainly cannot do this while in Salaah.
3. From this it can be seen that the Ka’bah itself was dependent on the Mercy of the Holy Prophet Salla Allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam to be made the Qibla. Thus, if the Ka’bah is dependent than the entire creation is dependent on the Messenger of Allah Almighty to receive Divine Mercy. Furthermore, we learn that while the entire creation seeks Allah’s Pleasure, Almighty Himself is even ready to please the Holy Prophet Salla Allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam as Allah Almighty says: “And undoubtedly soon your Lord will give you so much that you shall be satisfied”. (S93:V5).
4. The command was to change to the directions of the Ka’bah immediately while in Salaah.
5. From this it is understood that to face the Ka’bah when offering Salaah is FARD (compulsory), but for those who are away from Makkah, to face the direction of the Ka’bah is sufficient. However, it is compulsory for the residents of Makkah to face the Ka’bah as expounded by the word ‘towards it.’
6. The Yahud from their Religious Scriptures knew deep down in their hearts that the Holy Prophet Salla Allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam was the leader of both directions, Jerusalem as well as Makkah, but on the surface they were not believing this fact. Thus, the changing of Qibla is indeed an excellent proof of the Holy Prophet’s Salla Allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam Prophethood.
KHUDA ki Raza chahte hai donoh aalam
KHUDA chahta hai Raza-E-MOHAMMED
Salla allahu ta’ala’alayhi wa sallam
( Imam Ahmed Raza khan Fazil-e-Barelvi Rahmatullahi ‘alaih )
- The Necessity to Love the Beloved Prophet [Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him] (madinasharif.wordpress.com)
- It is Not Necessary For Respect , That The Respected Person Should Be Present (madinasharif.wordpress.com)
- Respect Of The Things Associated With The Holy Prophet Sallalaho Alaihi Wasallam (madinasharif.wordpress.com)
- A Call For Justice by Hazrat ‘Allama Maulana Arshadul Qadri rehmatullahi alaih (madinasharif.wordpress.com)