The following rules of sexual intercourse should be observed:
- Before actual coition, hold conversation of sexual love and give caresses and kisses. Play and toy in order to rouse sexual organs for easy cohabitation.
- Before the act is begun, recite the following: “In the Name of Allah, the Almighty and the Great, Allah is Greatest. O Allah! Protect us from the devil. And keep the devil aloof from what You have provided us.”
- Don’t turn the face towards the West.
- At the time when semen runs out, think of this verse: “All praise is for Allah Who created man from water. Then He made for him blood and marriage relationship.” (25: 54)
- Don’t let out your semen very soon at least before the ovary of your wife comes out. This is made much easier when kisses and caresses and other tactful ways rouse wife’s passions.
- Try to enter semen into uterus and don’t throw it outside without any excuse.
- Before your second coition, sexual organs must first be cleaned and washed.
- Ablution should be made after coition.
- Coition should be avoided as far as possible in the nights of the new moon, full moon and at the end of the lunar month.
- Sexual intercourse is desirable when the husband and the wife both show inclination for it, and no forcible coition should take place. When a man calls his wife to bed and she declines, Angels curse her and Almighty Allah remains displeased with her.
- Coition must always be made with the male organ and the female vaginal canal and never through the rectum.
On the following occasions, sexual intercourse is unlawful:
- Intercourse during continuance of the menses of the wife. The Holy Quraan says: “They ask you about menstruation. Say, it is a little harmful.” Therefore, keep aloof from women during their menstrual discharge and do not go near them until they are clean.
- After childbirth till the stoppage of blood nearly up to the 40th day.
- During the hours of fasting from the appearance of whiteness till the setting of the sun. Intercourse during night is not prohibited even during the fasting month.
- Unnatural intercourse either with male or with an animal is unlawful.
If a man promises not to go unto his wife for four months, and if in the meantime, he does not have sexual intercourse with her, the wife will be considered as divorced if not taken in the mean time.