15 Ahadith on love and respect of the sahaba (radi Allahu anhum) for The Holy Prophet Muhammed صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم
1. During the negotiations of the Treaty of Hudaybiah, Arwah, as the representative of the Quraish, repeatedly wanted to touch the beard of the Holy Prophet ﷺ as per the Arab tradition of diverting one’s attention. But, Sayyiduna Mughirah Bin Sha’bah radi Allahu anhu intercepted his hand with his sword. Arwah became very conscious and started observing the manners of the Sahaba. When he returned to the pagans, he said:
“I have seen the Courts of Caesar and Najashi but I never saw the respect, which the Companions of Muhammad ﷺ show to him. They take the saliva of Muhammad ﷺ into their hands and never let it drop down and rub the saliva on their faces. When Muhammad ﷺ gives them some order, they compete With each other to carry out that order. They fight with each other to take the water, Which flows after Muhammad’s ﷺ ablution. When they speak in front of him, they lower their voices and never look at his face directly.” — Sahih Bukhari Vol 3, Book 50,Hadith 891
2. When the Noble Messenger صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم once finished making wudhu, Hadrat Bilal رضی اللہ تعالٰی عنہ took the water that was used. Read the rest of this entry »
AlaHadrat Imam Ahmad Rida radi allahu anhu’s entire life was adorned with meticulous following of the Shari’ah and Sunnah of the Prophet SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam and his taqwa had reached an elevated level. I shall present some incidents from his life that show that he not only had taqwa but had also attained the rank of wara’a [Abandoning a part of the permissible for fear of falling into the impermissible]. In accordance to the verse, No men can be its guardians except the pious, he was a perfect muttaqi [Pious and Godfearing] and a gnostic.
1. The last Ramadan in his life was in 1339 AH. The weather in Bareilly was very hot and he was weak and ill, as these were his final years. The Shari’ah exempts an old man [Al-Shaykh al-Fanī: an old man who cannot fast now, and cannot hope to expiate in the future either] from fasting and expiate by charity instead and for the ailing, they are allowed to expiate when they are healthy again [To fulfil an obligation at a later time]. Despite these dispensations, AlaHadrat’s taqwa demanded otherwise. This was not his fatwa but his taqwa. He said:
The hot weather in Bareilly will not allow me to fast but the weather in mountainous regions is cooler. Nainital is not far from here and I can fast in the mountains of Bhowali [83 miles north of Bareilly]. And I am able to go there; hence, it is obligatory for me to do so.
He spent the whole of Ramadan there and fasted the whole of Ramadan.
2. He passed away on the 25th Safar 1340 AH. He was ill for months and in the last months, he could not even walk. The Shari’ah permits that in such conditions, one can pray at home but AlaHadrat would pray in the congregation. Four men would carry him on a chair to the masjid and he continued to participate thus as long as he was physically able to do so. Read the rest of this entry »
The personality of AALA HAZRAT Imam Ahmad Raza Radi Allahu anhu needs no introduction. Today his glory is echoing in the entire world. Besides Ulama,. Madaris & religious groups, Scholars, universities & modern circles are also attentive to him. Till now many scholars from the Universities of India, Pakistan & U.S.A. etc have done PhD on him & still the research work on him is continuing in Indian Universities & abroad.
Imam Ahmad Raza Radi Allahu anhu was the reviver of 14th Islamic century. He was the person of world importance. In 400 years world history such an amazing Alim & Scholar and versatile genius is not found as Imam Ahmad Raza Radi Allahu anhu was. He is of course ‘Aalahazrat’ i.e. the great threshold. He was greater than all Ulama & saints of his period as he was the reviver of his century & so he was called “AALAHAZRAT” He is the man of the century.
No doubt ! Imam Ahmad Raza Radi Allahu anhu has written more than 1400 books on the above mentined rational and irrational branches of knowledge, Some of his Pearls of Wisdom are as follows:-
Pearls of Wisdom
• The first and foremost factor of Imān is respect for the RasūlAllāh şallAllāhu álayhi wa âlihi wa sahbihī wa sallam.
• Imān is to accept every word of Sayyidunā RasūlAllāh şallAllāhu álayhi wa âlihi wa sahbihī wa sallam as absolute and nothing else but the truth and to testify wholeheartedly to the reality and truth of Sayyidunā RasūlAllāh şallAllāhu álayhi wa âlihi wa sahbihī wa sallam.
• May that faithless person’s mouth burn who ever says that the Prophet’s clothes are dirty! If Allah Almighty gives him the tawfīq to have the right etiquettes why does he not say ‘the dust has taken refuge in the Prophet’s şallAllāhu álayhi wa âlihi wa sahbihī wa sallam clothes/cloak’?
• The practice of Qiyām is good and recommendable because it is honour and respect to the Beloved Nabī şallAllāhu álayhi wa âlihi wa sahbihī wa sallam. And indeed, this is a practice of the great ‘Úlamā and we follow them. Read the rest of this entry »
The Great Imaam and Mujaddid, Sayyiduna AlaHadrat Imam Ahmad Rida al-Qadiri (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) was only 4 years old when he completed the recitation of the Holy Qur’an. Due to the extraordinary intelligence bestowed upon him by Almighty ALLAH, AlaHadrat Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu completed his Islamic Education at the very young age of 13 years, 10 months and 5 days.
The Illustrious Teachers of Imaam Ahmad Rida
AlaHadrat (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) gained his basic knowledge at home. He later continued his studies under the guidance of certain noted teachers. He studied under his father, Hadrat Allama Mawlana Naqi Ali Khan (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu). He completed his primary education by Janab Mirza Ghulam Qadir Baig, by whom he studied the book, “Mizaan-e-Munsha’ab.” AlaHadrat (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) also studied under the guidance of the following luminous personalities:
1. Hadrat Mawlana Abdul Ali Rampuri (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu)
2. Shaykh al-Kabeer, Hadrat Allama Syed Shah Abul Hussain Ahmad Noori (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu)
3. Shaykh al-Tariqah, Hadrat Allama Shah Ale Rasool Mahrahrwi (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu)
4. Shaykh Ahmad bin Zain Dahlaan al-Makki (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu)
5. Shaykh Abdur Rahman Makki (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu), and
6. Shaykh Hussain bin Saleh Makki (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu)
AlaHadrat and the Ulama of Haramain
When AlaHadrat went to perform his first HAJJ and Zyarah on the 26th of Shawwal 1295 A.H. (1876). He was only 20 years old at that time. One day, after completing his Hajj, he went to perform his Maghrib Salaah before the Maqaam-e-Ibrahim (Alaihis Salam). Having completed his Salaah, the Imam of the Shafi’ee order of Makkatul Mukarramah, Allama Hussain bin Saleh Kamaal (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu), approached him. He clutched AlaHadrat (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) by his hand and led him to his house. The great Imam then placed his hand on the blessed forehead of AlaHadrat (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) and said:
“Verily, I am observing the Noor of Almighty Allah on this forehead.”
Without hesitation, he blessed AlaHadrat (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) with the Sanad (Certificate) of Sihah Sitta (Six Compilers of Hadith: Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, Abu Dawood, Tirmizi and Nisa’i). He also began addressing AlaHadrat (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) by the title of “Dia al-Din” or “The Light or Splendour of Deen.” The speciality of this Sanad is that it has only Eleven (11) levels to Imam Bukhari. Read the rest of this entry »